7 benefits of cycling you must know about
May 12, 2017
7 most expensive cities in the world
May 13, 2017
Share this post....Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest

Are you planning to tour California? The place has a lot of vineyards, beaches, national parks, Hollywood landmarks. Among all the activities, California is best known for fishing activity. You may spend quality time in the fishing holes and enjoy the sight of the rarest of fishes. You will find here sandy coastlines, skiing zones and in fact, the climate is diverse. California’s fresh water lakes teem with bass all the while. Among 25 largest basses ever caught, 19 of them belong to the lakes of California. There are around 3000 water bodies to choose from. Let us check out the names of top 7 bass lakes of California.

Castaic Lakes in California

Castaic Lakes is the King of all bass lakes where anglers may be seen flocking the region all the year around. In fact, 6 out of 25 largest basses have been caught here. The reservoir of 320,000 acres comprises hot fishing spots. You may fish right off through the Castaic Dam as the wind all the way from upper lake pushes nutrients towards the dam and brings a lot of fishes.

Source

Clear Lake, the largest freshwater lake

If you are looking for a freshwater lake in California, you must look forward to the Clear Lake. This is one of the best fishing spots of the entire country. You may pull out fishes that carry the weight of the teens. You will get here best results once you use spinner baits or chatter baits. The shoreline of the Berger Bay is the prime fishing spot.

Lake Shasta

Do you want to fish any particular breed of fishes? Here in Lake Shasta, one can find almost all the kinds of desired fishes. You may fish for the rainbow trout, King Salmon and then a variety of basses such as catfish, sunfish, crappie and much more. Just like the Clear Lake, Lake Shasta is the prime fishing destination which attracts anglers all throughout the year. In fact, fall and spring are ideal seasons for fishing here.

Source

California Delta

This is again a popular fishing zone in California. Among all the fishes here, the most popular one is the striped bass. The striped bass weighs around 10 to 20 pounds. Besides this, you may catch fish like black bass, catfish, sturgeon, American Shad and Salmon. Here you can also enjoy the black bass boat tournament.

Eastern Sierra

Looking for a good fishing experience? Eastern Sierra is renowned for trophy trout. If you cast your lines here, you can catch fishes like catfish, bass, golden trout, crappie and several others. The period between April to October is the best time to fish here.

Yosemite for an amazing fishing experience

Yosemite is one such fishing destination in California which has immense natural beauty. The park of Eastern Sierra is popular for waterfalls, mountain, and abundance of wildlife. Avid anglers are attracted by bluegill, trout, and smallmouth.

Source

Santa Monica Pier

This is the Southern California’s most renowned fishing destination where you will find a variety of fishes. Some of the worth mentioning names are croaker, halibut, surf perch, white seabass, kelp, etc.

So, if you are visiting California, you can choose 2-3 top fishing destinations in California from the above mentioned list.

22 Comments

1. Lake shasta is more like a heaven for the people who are looking to explore some rare fish species.

2. Larry Noel says:

Looks absolutely stunning! I’ve always heard good things about fishing in California. I’ve only been out there a few times but only briefly and I must say it was a blast of a time! Probably about time I head back for another visit.

3. This place must be really amazing for a great fishery. From here, I’m going to travel to California and I’m going to fish some fish there, it’s going to be quite an adventure.

4. Peter Negi says:

5. Fishing is most adventurous game. Every angler like to fishing in the different place. California is one of the suitable places for fishing.
    Marcel Behler recently posted…how to catch trout in a lake from shore

6. fishing is an excellent habit of mine. every summer vacation I go with my family. it’s like an untold story

7. You have listed some great places for fishing in Colombia. You made a list which helps someone to find some great places for fishing. For this, you get thanks from me.

8. Shawon says:

Hey,
    I have been into fishing for a few times and I love fishing. These were very basic tips and guide. Thanks for the ton of tangible, attainable help. All your hard work is much appreciated. 🙂 I read a lot of blog posts and I never read an article like this. I LOVE this topic you made. Very ingenious. 🙂
    Shawon recently posted…Top 10 Inexpensive Gifts Under $10 for FishermenMy Profile

9. I get so much ?ately it’s driving me insane so any assistance is very much
    ap?reciated.

10. Sona says:

Hey,
    I have been into fishing for a few times and I love fishing. These were very basic tips and guide. Thanks for the ton of tangible, attainable help. All your hard work is much appreciated. 🙂 I read a lot of blog posts and I never read an article like this. I LOVE this topic you made.tiểu thuyết tình yêu 18+

11. Jason Kidd says:

i liked it man! i think its time for me to go for a holiday in California now …

12. Wow, it’s a great place for fishing. California is an awesome place for fishing. I went there last 8 months ago It was my one of the memorable day.

13. Jenifer says:

Thank you for sharing. It’s amazing
    mario flash games online

14. Dofimigo La says:

Your post is good and impressive. Hope you’ll be sucessfull in your life
    free online dirt bike games

15. Laurra says:

Your message is very meaningful. Thank you
    dirt bike games for kids

16. Dany says:

This is one of the nice sea fish. Fishing in the Saltwater Wilderness of Sitka is a famous fishing spot of Alaska. Thanks for sharing these great fishing spots. online games with friends multiplayer

17. Jack Cullins says:

Lake Shasta looks like heaven. As a long time fisherman I cannot wait to for my trip to Cali and to fish at the Lake Shasta. thanks for sharing.

18. Garcia says:

Thanks for sharing the great article for all fishing lovers. You are right all place is very good for fishing in California. I have a plan to fishing in California. Your article helps me a lot. Thanks again.
    Garcia recently posted…Best Fishing Kayak Under 1000 Reviews 2019- Top Picks For Professional AnglersMy Profile

19. Ryan says:

Interesting and Valuable !
    Really this is interesting Post. Thanks for sharing with us!

20. Like Clear Lake, Lake Shasta is a year-round fishing destination, but spring and fall are the ideal time to get on the water.

21. jack fisher says:

I love California and Lake Shasta 🙂

22. Shafiq says:

Santa Monica Pier of Southern California’s obviously a great fishing destination. I like it.