7 surprising health benefits of Psyllium Husk
May 31, 2017
Feeling envious of a coworker? Here’ how to deal with the jealousy
June 1, 2017
Share this post....Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest

Green or sustainable buildings are purposely designed in a way that they use, natural resource in a planet-friendly way. As per the National Institute of Building Sciences, buildings in the US consume 39% of America’s total energy and around 68% of electricity. Apart from this, buildings do emit nearly 38% of carbon monoxide, 49% sulphur dioxide and 25% of nitrogen oxides. Indeed, a vast majority of energy is produced from the non-renewable sources. There are various benefits of using green roofing solutions. A green roof offers benefits at ecological, economic and societal levels. Let us check out a few benefits of using green roofs.

Source

Green roof offers rainwater buffer

If it is a green roof, it will absorb the rain water by water buffering in plants, drainage layer, and the substrate. So, there is the purification of water as there is a delay in the discharge of water to the drainage system. This assists in the stabilization of the groundwater level and thus there is no fear of flood.

Green roof helps in purifying the air

Not everyone knows that the green roofing solution can help in air purification but it actually does. Such roof may feature the plants in a better manner than what the traditional roofs can. The plants will prevent any entry of dust particles and will absorb carbon dioxide to be converted into oxygen. So, if the air quality is good, there is no risk of any health condition.

Green roofing solution for energy efficiency

When compared to the traditional roofs, the greener roofs are more energy efficient. Whether it is summer or winter, the insulation of the home will be improved. So, if there is less energy conversion and also less emission of greenhouse gases.

Protection against the stormwater

Green roofing solution offers fabulous protection against the storm water. A green roof can help to retain the rainwater when there is water storm or heavy rain. The retained water may be used to feed the plants while some portion of it may evaporate to return to the atmosphere. Not only can the roofs retain water, but also they may moderate the temperature of the water. The green roof also acts as a filter.

Source

Green roofing solutions for wildlife protection

The green roof can offer a new kind of habitat for the insects, birds and other species of animals. When the cities develop, the wildlife tends to lose the habitats. Indeed, the green roofing solution can restore it.

Green roofs are more durable

Green roofing solutions offer more durability to the roof. Since they come with a waterproof membrane, the roof gets a better UV protection to resist high temperature. So, this type of green roof will definitely last for a long time when compared to the traditional roofs. There is no need to worry about the repair costs.

Source

So, we may say that the green roofing solution is best for the environment and also for the homeowners. You need not worry much about the maintenance of the roof. They are durable and aesthetically appealing.

30 Comments

1. I really like this green roofing solution. I think if every home owners adapt this system environment will be very pure. Though it might cost you more dollars than regular roofing system, it’s worth the money.

2. Roof says:

Better yet try to find a good quality material of roof that could last long.Great post!
    Roof recently posted…Choosing Your Dependable Roofing Philadelphia RoofersMy Profile

3. Matt says:

I love the idea of having a green roofing at my place. I usually see it in a corporate building. I’m inspired to have a green living soon. It benefits me to have a healthy lifestyle despite polluted air.

4. Shirley says:

Green roofing is one of innovation you can see at the most building. It builds purified air a traditional. Its the way of the most contractor to protect the areas from stormwater. Green plant/roofing keeps the waterfall away from heavy rain. Keep posting good articles Digi Karma.

5. It is really nice, I got a new idea for my roof and that is amazing. It is good and healthy for our society. Well described.

6. Thank you for sharing the informative article. This would really help the environment to be more efficient and ecological.

7. This is fascinating! It is my first time seeing a modern structure have shrubs and grasses atop their roofs. My wife and I enjoy golfing and it would be nice if we have a mini putting range-like roof if we plan to make a house. We could use some help from roofing experts who are open to the idea you incited.

8. jefArcher says:

Very Informative topic I liked it very muchRoofers Queens

9. Ryan Wilson says:

Thanks for this wonderful post. DFW roof repair

10. Pritty says:

Thanks for provide me some unique ideas, it will be helpful for most of the people and for me also. Because from a long time I confused that which is the best in all aspects. Now, after reading this its become easier for me.
    Thanks Dear!

11. It is such a nice idea and covered many things like a greener environment along with the roof. Thanks for sharing.

12. I think these type idea is share with roofing contractors or builders that they can further advice to clients. Nice Blog!

13. I like your suggestion to find a roofing company that offers a warranty so that we can be sure that we are covered if any accidents happen.
    <a href="https://roofer.ie-marketers.com/"Trusted Roofing Contractor in CA,

14. Marga Lee says:

Green roofing is one of the best ideas you can install in your home to insure you are getting a convenient type of living in a way to see lesser energy efficiency.

15. Georgia Cooper says:

Fantastic post! Please keep sharing. btw, I know of a roofing company if you are looking for best roofer near me. Please get in touch! Thanks, have a good day.

16. Happy Hiller says:

I think it’s great to put a garden on the roof!

17. Fannie Wade says:

Wow so beautiful, this would provide more energy and fresher air.

18. Zoe Campos says:

I love the part where you mentioned that having green roofs can help in purifying the air. Another local article I read mentioned that our area is having a lot of air pollutants, so this would be a good solution to our current problem. Maybe we can look for local roofing contractors and inquire about how we’ll be able to achieve this.

19. Lisa Matthew says:

Thanks for posting this informative article thanks for sharing your great post.

20. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about green roofing. Green roofs will provide more fresh air not just for the homeowner but also to their surrounding.

21. Christopher says:

Just looking at that green color roofs is beautiful. Sure have lots of benefits with this one for our selves and surroundings. Costly but worth it perhaps? Thanks for sharing it..makes me happy

22. Mike spectar says:

Very useful insights in providing ecological way of roofing your home.

23. I learned a lot about Green Roofing. You have taught me a lot today. I love it. I will surely keep your tips in mind. Keep posting more content like this one. Thank you for sharing.

24. Mia Evans says:

It got me when you said that green roofing can help purify the air. As you said, there could be plants for a green roof that can prevent the entry of dust particles into your home. I would love to have this for our future home once I have saved enough money. It will be perfect for my family since I have a kid with asthma.

25. Justin says:

Great post. As a roofing contractor, I agree with many of the points you laid out. In today’s market, more and more consumers are looking to leave a positive impact and reduce the carbon print in the world. Green Roof solutions is an excellent choice that will continue to see a spike in interest.

26. Thank you for sharing this great idea. Roofing is very important and it is nice to know that we can follow roofing tips that are good for the environment. I appreciate the post. The content is great.

27. Jose says:

This is a very great idea and environmental friendly solution

28. Smith Warner says:

Thank you for sharing the idea of green roofing. its really a good way to get pure air too and even its environment friendly.

29. Jeff says:

That green roofing is fancy. It’s so expensive though, but it’s so good to apply especially in summer, aside from the facts that it will give aesthetics to your home but also make the surrounding chill.

30. Carla says:

Yes! I would love to have a garden on my roof too. I think that would be cool, apart from this you’re also helping the environment. Can’t wait for Boise Roofer to help me out. You can check them out at http://www.boiseroofers.net