7 Health Mistakes To Avoid If You Are In Your 40s
June 27, 2017
7 hidden causes of acne and pimples we often ignore
June 28, 2017
Share this post....Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest

Thanks to our hectic lifestyle we often ignore ourselves and especially our body parts. What we do not realize is the fact that just like machines our bodies also suffer from wear and tear and it is about time that we start taking care of ourselves. Gradually, people across the world are walking up to the virtues of yoga. Practicing yoga has manifold advantages both mentally as well as physically. It is the time that we start using yoga, to cure ourselves of the pertinent issues like knee pain.

Here are the 5 yoga poses that you must try if you’re suffering from knee pain.

Chair Asana

This pose helps to build your muscles on the glutes, quads, and hamstrings. Keep the feet together. For this, you need to first bend your knees while pushing your hip backward. You have to do this in such a manner that the entire weight of your body falls on your knees.

Once your posture is right stretch your arms towards the ceiling while moving your torso away from your thighs. Try and keep this chair position for 6 breaths before releasing the same.

Tadasana Variation

Take a block and place it in between your inner thighs. This yoga pose teaches you the details of squatting and helps you work on your quads and inner thighs without putting much stress on your knees. If you are planning to lose weight from your thunder thighs, then this is also a good workout for same.

Stand in such a manner that the feet are placed in hip width apart. Place the block near the base of the pubic bone. Once the block is placed, roll the same towards the wall behind you so that your butt juts out resembling a duck. Then slowly go down, but try and move the block upwards. Hold this position for 15 seconds.

Forward Fold Pose

In this pose, you get to strengthen the muscles in your leg. For this, all you need to do is keep your legs straight and fold them forward in such a way that your knees bend deep, Place your palm on your calf muscles and press the heels of your hands on the muscle as you lift your hip. This cycle needs to be repeated 3 to 4 times.

Bridge Asana

This is a helpful yoga pose to get instant relief from knee pain. It also works on your quads and hamstrings. For this keep your legs apart and bend your knee. You can place a block between your inner thighs to make the yoga asana super effective. Now, lift your hips and squeeze your butt while doing the same. Hold this for 15 seconds before releasing the pose.

Janu Sirsasana Asana

This yoga pose is amazing for your knee pain. All you need to do is sit down and keep your legs extended in front. Bend your right knee and keep a trap beneath it.Then place your right foot on top of your left thigh. Try and put pressure on both legs. Hold the same for 5 seconds before releasing the same.

With daily practice of these yoga poses, you will start getting relief from knee pain.

18 Comments

1. Jennifer says:

Great way for someone who does yoga and has knee pain. Not only does it help with knee pain but you have fun doing it!

2. These are such great tips…thanks for posting them! Feel free to check out my writing on https://ponderingyogini.com/ to hear about my experiences with yoga and knee pain. Namaste!

3. devid says:

Thanks for your nice post. Really this post is very helpful and informative. Can tell me you will publish this kinds of article continue in future ?
    thanks

4. Yoga is part of our daily habits. We spend 30min- 40min a day together with my family and friends, oftentimes with my kids. Such a nice content to stumble upon here.

5. SonuMonu says:

Yoga is indeed one of the best solution to relieve and lessen stress. It is a good workout that promotes a calm mind by meditating.
    SonuMonu recently posted…Can Hybrids Be Used For Off-Road Trails?My Profile

6. Much obliged for your pleasant post. Actually this post is useful and enlightening. Can you reveal to me you will distribute this sort of article proceed in the future ?

much appreciated

7. Nice post about Yoga. Yoga has become one of my favorite parts of our home routine. The most enjoyable time is in the evenings when everyone settles in to watch TV or play games. I love that I can be nearby, stretching and relaxing.
    Rishikesh Club recently posted…Prasarita Padottanasana (Wide-Legged Forward Bend)My Profile

8. Very nice these are important for natural life.

9. Yoga is a great way to work on your flexibility and strength. Just about everyone can do it, too — it’s not just for people who can touch their

10. Ganesh Satao says:

Yoga is the cure for all diseases, very few people know this. It is also a good exercise, if it is brought into our daily routine then everyone can remain healthy.
    This is an invaluable gift, everyone should do yoga. From this, small and big diseases can also be cured from the root, if done under the guidance of someone.

11. Meltblogs says:

Yoga not only eases the muscles but it is also helpful in relaxing the mind.

12. I would definitely recommend this tips to my grand mother

13. wow, just amazing and informative content. This content helps anybody. Thanks for sharing this post. Just highly recommend it.

14. Ashu Thakur says:

Great and super valuable content as always!

It will really help people to stay healthy. I would love to read more from you.

Please keep up the good work.

Thanks!

15. Thanks for sharing such great tips

16. Aaliyah says:

Great ways to try! I have pleased to read all of these poses. They are really amazing and I can’t wait to try them. Thanks and keep up the good work!

17. Sadman says:

Hi Digikarma,

Professionally, your step and your post are very good. Your yoga step is different from others. Your 2nd and 3rd tips are awesome. https://fitnesssurfer.com/gaiam-yoga-mat-review-best-price-gaiam-mat-on-amazon-com/ I will better my experience

18. julia ami says:

Hi Digikarma,
    yoga is the best to exercise and your share no doubt great tricks my mother is suffering knee pain for the last ten years. I shall definitely try all these tricks if they work I will definitely share my community.